9.23.2014

Life











Life.  What is life?  I often find myself asking this question.  I asked myself this just last week as I watched shooting stars while floating in the South China Sea.  I asked myself this as I was walking with an elephant through the jungle, and driving a moto bike through the countryside, and swimming in the Phnom Kulen waterfall, and even just day to day.  

Being here, in this glorious country, I have asked myself this question so many times.  Not only when doing things I never imagined, seeing things I never imagined, and experiencing things I never imagined, but also doing my day to day work.  Being with these girls, having conversations with these girls, just hanging out with these girls.  I love that I am here and I love what I am doing. 

So what is life?  It's this crazy, messy, exciting, heartbreaking, joyous, and downright lovely thing.  No one knows what's next.  People may think they know, but do they?  I had no idea that one day I would be living in Cambodia doing this work.  And currently I have no idea what comes after.  

Life is just awesome, I guess that's really all I can say.  




(Pictured: Hoi An, Vietnam)